ML5 SEAFARERS MEDICAL CERTIFICATE £85
Seafarers Medical (ML5), You need an ML5 medical certificate if you’re:
- The master of a passenger ship that doesn’t go to sea (Class IV or V)
- The master of a commercial vessel that doesn’t go to sea
- The master or a crew member of a small commercial vessel certificated for Area Category 2 to 6 (no more than 60 miles from a safe haven)
- A crew member or anyone else (eg catering staff) who normally works on a domestic passenger ship (Class VI or VIA) that goes to sea
- applying for, revalidating, or changing their MCA Boatmaster’s Licence or certificate
- applying for a Royal Yacht Association (RYA) commercial endorsement for working on code vessels
To Complete a ML5 SEAFARERS MEDICAL CERTIFICATE you will need to be assessed by a doctor who will verify that your fitness and current state of health.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING WITH YOU for ML5 SEAFARERS MEDICAL CERTIFICATE?
- Photo ID
- Your driving glasses/contact lenses & prescription
- Details of any ongoing medical conditions plus any medication you are taking
- ML5 Medical Certificate/Form
What’s Involved in a ML5 SEAFARERS MEDICAL CERTIFICATE?
Questions About Your Medical History
- Physical Examination
- Blood Pressure
- Eye Test including colour vision test